Sunday, February 27, 2011

Valentine's Day



On Valentine's Day we celebrated love by going on a suhweeet field trip to a Biblical nature reserve called Neot Kedumim. One of my favorite field trips so far!
It was absolutely beautiful there. Once again, I feel so blessed to be here during the winter! When it's perfect weather here, and I'm missing the not-so-perfect weather of Utah. It was so cool because the people in the Bible are so connected to the land, and so it was interesting to see the agriculture of the area and how it all fits in with the Bible.

We ground hyssop into a spice for us to put on our homemade pitas, which we made later.
But in between the pita making and that, we herded some sheep.
Seriously, hilarious. We had so much fun trying to get them to listen to us, and just being surrounded by goats and sheep. But we also learned some really cool stuff about shepherding, and I loved it.

The pitas were sooooo good. We put our 'zatar' on them, plus date honey, and wow, so good.

I love these girls!

The day culminated in a dance to end all dances. Seriously, probably the best dance of my life. Something about a 90 degree gym with lots of really cool people that I like. And them playing Jessie's Girl. Mmhmm.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, Jess! That sounds good. I hope you are planning on making me that sometime when you are home. After that we can go chase sheep in a field or something ;)

    ReplyDelete