Monday, February 21, 2011

Randoms of Egypt

Holding my breath under the Suez Canal

Twin sandwich :) Love these girls
Loong bus ride
Sunset in Cairo



Gorgeous Red Sea, we passed it on our way

I loved seeing the culture of Egypt, even though it was only for a few days. The pace was so fast and the streets were so loud. I was shocked at the people who just walked across the middle of the highway, in and out of traffic. And the donkey carts just trotting along next to cars zooming past. And the 5 or 6 lanes of traffic in what was supposed to be 3 lanes. Cairo was so dirty and crazy, but so fascinating. I seriously loved it there.
But it felt good to come back "home" to the JC and be in a place that was familiar. Plus, the shopkeepers in Luxor were intense and so pushy. The sellers in the Old City are so much easier to say 'no' to now.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it weird to you that the Jerusalem Center is now coming "home"? Wow, Egypt looks incredible. And I hope the hike reminded you of a certain other one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you doing under the Suez Canel? I love seeing you. It looks like you are holding up well..

    ReplyDelete