Monday, February 21, 2011

Mount Sinai


Our adventure up Sinai started at 2:30 am. It was so pretty outside. I made the hike with three three cool girls. It was freezing, since it was January, but once we started hiking it warmed up, and the stars were absolutely gorgeous.

Donovan, Sarah, Audryn, Laurel, and me


The top was freeeezing! It was so windy! We huddled. But the view was phenomenal. Just looking at the tops of so many mountains, and the sun peeking over the edge. Plus, Audryn shared her hand warmers.

Camels took people up, so we had to be careful where we stepped along the way. But, we passed a camel making some kind of early morning gargling noise that I will never forget.On the way down some of us took hundreds of stone steps that were put down by monks.
So pretty.




Shacks we passed along the way. People just live on the mountain. Actually, it was kinda creepy to just pass men along the way, watching us hike. I can't imagine a more windy and lonely life. But it'd be gorgeous, so maybe that's why they do it.Ahem, excuse the random Pharaoh.
Lindsay, Sara, me, Chels, Audryn


One of my favorite things about being here is all the cool stuff I'm learning from the Old Testament. We had a great testimony meeting on the top of Sinai, and our teacher, Bro Judd shared a few things about significant events that happened on Sinai, namely that God appeared to both Elijah and Moses on it. It was such an amazing place to be.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word Jess this is incredible. It brought me to tears. So happy you get to be there having such incredible testimony building experiences. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so awesome! It is just so unbelievable that you get to do this stuff. Also--someday I'd like to give you one of those talking birthday cards that has the exact weird camel sound you heard. Then you really wouldn't ever forget. :)

    ReplyDelete