Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pyramids


Cool roommates at Hufu Pyramid in Giza.





Do not ask me who took this...






So, this information is purely historical and will be boring to everyone but me. But, I'm writing it to document for myself. Ahem.
The blocks for the Great Pyramid were about 2 tons a piece, sometimes up to 15 tons! And it has 3 million blocks on it. It's the last remaining wonder of the ancient world.
Originally it was coated with white limestone, but later Pharaoh's took of the white limestone for their building projects, so just the yellow limestone undercoat was left.

The 3 pyramids were family pyramids; father, son, and grandson. We went into the inside of the smallest of the three. It definitely smelled like someone had been dead in there for 1000 years.

1 comment:

  1. You kissin the Camel shocked me... But the pyramid pharoah man thingy. This delights me!!

    ReplyDelete