Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ramesseum








Pit Tomb 33. Where the Book of Abraham papyrus was found.

Temple of Hatsephsut. I know I would have liked this woman. She reigned for about 20 years as a woman-king in Egypt, because the people wouldn't have accepted her as a woman. Work it girl.





Stepped Pyramid in Memphis



The Temple of Rameses was built by Rameses II, his temple for the afterworld. He's the most-likely Pharaoh of the Exodus, and I know most things about him through his role in The Prince of Egypt.

3 comments:

  1. "Deliver us! There's a land you promised us!" Looking at these makes me thirsty. Is it really hot there?

    Lub ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more and more I look at your pictures, the more I want to go there. What a grand adventure. Seriously, you're walking through the bible. That's so crazy.

    ReplyDelete