Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Week 2

Hey hey,
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was the greatest thing. Mine was good here. Not the best food I've ever had in my life. Probably the opposite. But, it was still a good day. Elder Nelson spoke to us that morning, and we did a big service project, got some free time for a temple walk (crazy how that's such a treat now, walking to the temple used to be such a chore. Now it's bliss) and watched 17 Miracles that night, with, get this, popcorn. Such a treat. The movie was good, I remember you saying you liked it dad, so I was go glad I got to see it. Incredible stuff, but also, hilarious watching it with such a big group of people--all the romantic parts, which pretty much consisted of a couple looking at each other and once holding the same shawl, and every elder in the room was like "ooooooh." hahah, so funny. And at the devo last night a member of the Seventy, Elder Yamashita and his wife spoke to us. They came here 4 months ago from Japan, and so had heavy accents, but they were the CUTEST things. Especially his wife. She couldn't talk very well at all, and her message was brief and to the point, but she was just beaming. She was laughing at herself for misprouncing everything, and was just, so full of the spirit. Afterwards, at our review, we all talked about what I help she was, because it taught us that even though we're learning languages and no one can understand, you can be happy and people will be responsive to your attitude. We were all like, hallelujah!
But I hope all of you had such a good day! I'm so jealous of the Nashville bunch, and so glad that Hank got blessed too. And also jealous of the Utahns too, because you got to eat grandma's potatoes and, I can just picture the food you ate. It must have been better than the weird turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy we got. But the thing is, I didn't even care. I was so grateful for the people who were working that day, for us, and for the thoughtfulness of all the leaders here, it was so nice of them.
Mom, you asked what I do here day to day. Pretty much, it's up at 6, my comp and I try to go to an early morning workout class that's just for the sisters. It's good! There's aerobic music, so, no lyrics..but it has a beat! So it's...so great. Then, we have breakfast at 7:20, personal study, class from 9-12, lunch, class for another 3 hours, language study, dinner, personal study, gym, and that kind of thing. We do that every day, in various order. Like, tonight i have class from 5:30-8:30, even though it's my pday. Actually! Tonight is my first day in the TRC, so I'm teaching someone, an RM, in Lithuanian. I've been teaching my teachers as investigators, but this person will be totally new. I'm so nervous. I can seriously say 5 sentences, and don't even understand the grammar behind them! But, it'll be okay, hopefully. So, yeah, that's what we do everyday. It stays super busy, and I can't believe that new missionaries are coming in today! I'm not the newest anymore, and "after today..I'm gonna sit on my butt" hahah, from Goofy Movie, but seriously, that's all we do here. But anyway, after today I'll be in my third week! Pretty much a veteran by now.
I'm having a lot more fun with my district now, plus, my companion, Sis Beal's, district is always with us too, so the 13 of us are always together, and it's a lot of fun. I'm semi-grateful that I'm alone in my class, being with other people is super loud and can be way more distracting. But, we have a lot of fun together, and it's crazy that it's only been 2 weeks and we're this close. Every second together, I guess.
Mom, thank you so much for the care package :) I'm so so so happy about it! I ate the rice crackers in like, 3 days, and so I was sooooooo happy about the other food you sent! Thank you so much! I hope you know I love you and pray for you all and miss you!!!
Les Barber wanted my quote. Mosiah 5:15, about being steadfast and immovable. If it's too long to fit, have him cut it off after "seal you his"
LOVE LOVE LOVE,
Sesuo J Madson

No comments:

Post a Comment