Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 4


Yay! This is the start of my 4th week here. I'm so seasoned. Not really, at all actually, but, it's neat. We're getting 4 new roommates today, which should be really fun. It'll be fun to be able to hear new stories from other people, and just, spice up our residence. (I feel like I keep saying food words: seasoned, spice) anyway. When I was struggling to pay attention to myself during language study I started looking up food vocab, and the word for waffle is "vaflis" I love that. I can totally picture our family saying it on Sunday mornings. So, I challenge you to start using it, and that way, when I get home, I'll be able to be taken back to Lithuania every time you say that word. Heehee, anyway. This week was pretty similar to my last week here. And the one before that. And before that.
Except, I'm not allowed to use notes during my language teaching anymore. All 3 of my teachers pretend to be investigators, and I can't look at notes as I teach. I've started reading out of the BoM, whole sections with them, so the lesson is still long, but the vocab is all straight in front of me. Devotional this week was Elder Yamasiko (sp?) from the seventy, and his adorable wife. They came here 4 months ago from Japan, and she is just learning English, and was the cutest thing. She gave all of us such hope, because her Spirit was so great, and even though she couldn't speak the language, she loved us, and you could tell, and all of us afterwards were like, okay--that was so needed. I have to teach in the TRC tonight--when someone from the outside world comes in and you teach them. I did it last week for the first time, and..it was hard. They're RM's who volunteer, and you're supposed to teach them as themselves...so, what can I say in Lith that they don't already know? But! Oh well, I'll keep at it.
Lace, thank you so much for the package! And especially for E's little picture. I can imagine you two together, and I love it. Elder Baxter said, when he saw it, 'she seems like she's a really good mom' I was like, um yeah, she really is. And an even better sister! Heehee, cheese it up.
Tayman, I want to hear about the pillow concert, and tell you good job on the winning foul shot! mom said you're playing with 7th graders?! So cool, I'm so happy you're doing good. Calsmelly, I'm glad you're doing good too, and love when you and Tay attach notes with mom's stuff. I'm sure she doesn't make you do it :) And I really love your little notes. Cals, you told me to inform you on everything, so, I'm going to tell you that I always get Cookies n' Cream milk when I can. So, I'm probably getting chubby. But the milk is soooo delish. Something else funny, we sing hymns at the beginning and end of every class. But..it's always just me and my teacher. So one of my teachers, sometimes starts waaay too high. And I feel like a dork dropping out a lower octave, when it's just us two, so I try to hit the high notes, needless to say, I think the Spirit comes during our prayers, not singing.
Fast Sunday is soooo long here. Not in a bad way...I think they just schedule out your meals so exactly, when I missed two my body was like, what the?! what are you doing to me? But, I survived. We watched the Christmas devo on Sunday night, I loved it. Especially the Jeru scenes they showed, because the set really does look a lot like Jeru did! So, I was so happy. I want to go see it when I get home. I heard they're leaving it up for like, 20 years? Or is that a rumor?
Parents, I'm so jealous that you still get to run everyday. I can't believe it hasn't really snowed yet, you're so lucky, you've probably been able to run most every day! Except, it's freezing. Are you all still moving the little Santa down the chimney countdown in the piano room? Hope so. My other teacher, Bro. Vehawn, knows the Ericksen's, yes mom. This week he just randomly was like, I met your cousins. Hahha, I was like, what!? everyone is seeing my family but me! But I see Connie in the MoTab every week, and love that. But anyway, Bro Vehawn is friends with Stefan, and had dinner at Connie's. Then presented Boyd with an ROTC award for building their cabinets. It was like, okay, random. But cool.
Miss, when is dessert night? Has Hanky Panks smiled yet? Hope Chris is good, and I just remembered that you get Holland for the pre-Christmas time! I'm so jealous.
I was wondering if mom/mandy, you could send me that quote from the Asian lady, about Christ and the Atonement? I sent it in an email awhile ago, and I know Liz posted on her blog too. If you could attach it to an email or something, I'd love that. Thank you. I'm so happy that Liz is home, Mands! And not too weird! I want to hear about your sweater party too. Bet it twas the hit of the year.
Mom, thank you thank you thank you for the package! Please tell Bro. Stucki thank you. The girls said that he's always really embarrassed/nervous when he drops stuff off, like I'm going to get in trouble. But, he won't/I won't. And I wore my shoes and shirt today, and felt so happy. Also, I shared the food with my district as we read the BoM together, and we all talked about how great you are. I got a letter from Piper, so nice of her.

Also! People here love my clothes! That sounds really bratty, I'm sure. But, especially the blue skirt from sis. mish. mall? compliments galore. You should get one yourself :) And anyway, I'm always like, mmhmm, mom was right. she always is.
Okay, I'm writing you a handwritten letter too, so, don't be disappointed in this.
Everyone, Thank you so much for writing me, I love love love it! And I'm so excited to be learning here, about teaching the Gospel, because I think people really need it, and I get so excited when I picture someone accepting it, and learning Christ loves them so much.
LOVE, Sister J (heehee, not "Momma J"...not for a few more years, only people who went to Lone Peak would get this joke)
PS, talked to Sis Fitzgerald for a long time this week! She's leaving soon for Ukraine! And is doing good, I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment