Thursday, December 29, 2011

Late Week 5


This week I've offically been out for a month! Now, it's a month plus. And soon I'll have less than a month left! So many big days to celebrate.
Oh, and Christmas, must celebrate that day too :)
I'm so excited for it. Sometimes, a lot, I forget that it's even coming up. The Latvians had their classroom decorated, with a tree, presents, and lights, and then their teacher made them take it all down. Bummer. There went the holiday cheer. But, all our speakers keep reminding us about it, so, I remember that Christmas is coming :) And I'm excited! I can't wait to hear about everyone's days. I still can't believe that this year I would have the ultimate legit outfit for our Jeru dinner, and I won't even be there to show it off! I also can't believe that last year at this time I was prepping for Jeru, and now I'm doing something completely different.
I want to hear all about the cruise, Lace and Drew, and the girls' reactions to their presents. And mom and dad, was there a Hawkins party this year? If so, I want deets. And Miss, I want to hear how you handled two kids.
 
Yesterday Elder Clayton and his wife spoke to us. They were great. Sis. Clayton talked about receiving gifts, and she mentioned that sometimes we seek for gifts and need to have a good motive. And I realized that sometimes my motive for Lithuanian or spiritual gifts can be selfish, instead of wanting to learn to help others. Okay, Music and the Spoken Word this week was amazing! Parents, did you like the MoTab concert you went to? Was it anything like M&SW? Please tell Connie that everyone was raving about it! It totally brought the Christmas spirit, and there were dancers! Hahaha, loved it. And during RS on Sunday all the presidency members' daughters talked about Christmas' on their missions, and it made me excited. One of the sisters talked about how her comp at Christmas was like, 87 years old! Um, that would be crazy.
 
My teachers were all semi-sick this week, or just MIA, so I had a ton of substitutes, so I had a lot of English, which was good, but when Sis. Zippro got back she was like, um..uh oh, and now only speaks to me in Lithuanian. I have never said the word "repeat" more in my life, but, I'm excited that I can semi- pick out phrases and hear things. I know a lot more than when I started, but have so much more to go! When I try to talk about anything besides the Atonement or baptism, my vocab ends.
 
Caroline made me Christmas candy, sorry dad, no cashew brittle. But..I hope this isn't awful..I didn't share it with anyone! I was with my teacher when I got it, so yes, I shared some with him, but besides that...people just don't appreciate it! But, this week I had to go with my teacher to a different building, and then we walked around and learned new words outside, and he wasn't wearing his nametag, and we got hilarious looks, because it was like a sister mish with some random guy. and he was wearing gloves, so you couldn't see that he was married. it was funny.
 
Sis. Beal is auditioning tomorrow to sing a musical number here. I'm accompanying her, but could never do a solo. In front of 2000 people? She's great, I'm excited for her to do it.
 
So Mands, you had your piano recital? Elder Baxter and I always talk about how I taught him. And how he never, ever practiced. He regrets it now, yeah, they always do. Remember that Tay :) I'm glad you got to talk to his mom, mom. It is definitely really fun having a friend from home here. Danielle Tamang left this week! I'm so excited for her! She'll do so great, she was always so happy and hilarious.
 
 
Mom, I think it was hilarious that the Fitzgerald's bought a plane ticket to see Mels. She told me that she thought they might. I...wouldn't love that, so please don't do it :) I'm excited to see you in the airport in 17 months...but it would be hard for me to see you before. I know you wouldn't though, but it just made me laugh. I love when people get around little rules. i haven't gotten your christmas package yet, but i'm so excited for it! and already am thankful for it! I loved loved loved the fudge you sent, and the newspaper clipping. I loved reading about the Big Cats article and the missionary one. And I'm sorry that I was so weird on the vid Bob Monson gave you. I didn't know he was recording. I should have said some Lith. or something cool.
 
I love you so much! Merry Christmas! Please, drink some nog and eat some cheeseball for me. Please :)
Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment