Thursday, March 10, 2011

City of David




Inside Hezekiah's tunnel


"Stepped stone structure"


Dear ol' Bro Judd




I LOVE Audryn. So so so so much.
I absolutely loved our field trip to the City of David.
This was the city that David built, and is the oldest neighborhood of Jru.
During the reign of Hezeiah, he wanted to stop paying tribute to the Assyrians, and so prior to doing that, he prepared his city by building a different tunnel to protect their water supply. So that's what we walked through. It was a rainy day, so the water level was higher, but it was so much fun. Singing our way through, I loved it.
The stepped stone structure (millo) was built to hold up David's temple and the building projects on top of the mountain. Another wall there dates back to Melchezidek's day. Neat, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Jessi,

    I love your skirt. The pictures are great. You look like you are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look SOOOO happy. This Jeru trip was meant for you. So many best friends!! I'm in love with it! Am I commenting on too many?

    ReplyDelete